from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, full of, or covered with rock fragments or pebbles: a gravelly beach.
- adj. Having a harsh rasping sound: a gravelly voice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Full of, or covered with gravel or pebbles
- adj. Unpleasantly harsh or rasping
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding with gravel; consisting of gravel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding with gravel; consisting of gravel: as, a gravelly soil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound
- adj. abounding in small stones
gravel + -y (Wiktionary)