from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling, derived from, or containing sand.
- adj. Growing in sandy areas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sandy.
- adj. Growing in sandy soil.
- adj. Arenitic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sandy or consisting largely of sand; of the nature of sand; easily disintegrating into sand; friable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sandy; abounding in sand; having the properties of sand.
- Figuratively, dry; arid.
- Composed largely of sand or sandy particles.
- In zoology, specifically applied to those Foraminifera whose membranous case becomes hardened by the attachment of foreign substances, as particles of sand or shelly matters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or containing or abounding in sand; or growing in sandy areas
From Latin harēnāceus, arēnāceus : harēna, arēna, sand; see arena + -āceus, -aceous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin arenaceus, from arena ("sand") (Wiktionary)