from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Constituting a monolith: a monolithic sculpture.
- adj. Massive, solid, and uniform: the monolithic proportions of Stalinist architecture.
- adj. Constituting or acting as a single, often rigid, uniform whole: a monolithic worldwide movement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or resembling a monolith.
- adj. Having a massive, unchanging structure that does not permit individual variation.
- adj. consisting of a single program using a single memory-addressing space
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a monolith; consisting of a single stone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed of a single stone, as an obelisk or the shaft of a column.
- Consisting of monoliths: as, a monolithic circle.
- Of or pertaining to a monolith.
- Made of one mass of artificial stone, as a concrete of broken stone, cement, and sand, without joints: used in structures such as mills and houses, dams, retaining-walls, and bridge abutments and piers, floors, columns, and other similar constructions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by massiveness and rigidity and total uniformity
- adj. imposing in size or bulk or solidity
Sorry, no etymologies found.