from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not subject or susceptible to change.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Unable to be changed without exception.
- adj. Not able to be altered in the memory after its value is set initially, such as a constant.
- n. Something that cannot be changed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not mutable; not capable or susceptible of change; unchangeable; unalterable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not mutable; not capable or susceptible of change; not subject to mutation; unchangeable; invariable; unalterable.
- In zoology, not subject to variation in different individuals of a species; permanent: as, immutable characters or marks
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not subject or susceptible to change or variation in form or quality or nature
From French, ultimately from Latin immutabilis ("unchangable"); im- + mutable (Wiktionary)