from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not changing or subject to change; constant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not variable; that always has the same value in different occurrences.
- adj. constant.
- adj. That cannot undergo inflection, conjugation or declension.
- n. Something that does not vary; a constant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not given to variation or change; unalterable; unchangeable; always uniform.
- n. An invariable quantity; a constant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not variable; constant; uniform; unchanging.
- Not capable of being varied; unalterable; unchangeable.
- n. In mathematics, a quantity that does not vary; a constant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not liable to or capable of change
- n. a quantity that does not vary
in- + variable (Wiktionary)