from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not violated or profaned; intact: "The great inviolate place had an ancient permanence which the sea cannot claim” ( Thomas Hardy).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not violated; free from violation or hurt of any kind; secure against violation or impairment.
- adj. Incorruptible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not violated; uninjured; unhurt; unbroken.
- adj. Not corrupted, defiled, or profaned; chaste; pure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not violated; free from violation or hurt of any kind; secure against violation or impairment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. must be kept sacred
- adj. (of a woman) having the hymen unbroken
Middle English, from Latin inviolātus : in-, not; see in-1 + violātus, past participle of violāre, to violate; see violate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin inviolatus. (Wiktionary)