from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of sustain.
- adj. held continuously at a certain level
- adj. held at a certain pitch
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Held up to a certain pitch, degree, or level; uniform.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Kept up or maintained uniformly, as at one pitch or level, especially a high pitch, or at the same degree, especially a high degree.
- In heraldry, same as supported: see also surmounted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. maintained at length without interruption or weakening
- adj. (of an electric arc) continuous
Sorry, no etymologies found.