from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having one overriding purpose or goal: the single-minded pursuit of money.
- adj. Steadfast; resolute: He was single-minded in his determination to stop smoking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Intensely focused and concentrated on purpose, thinking of only one goal, undistractable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a single purpose; concentrating on a single goal; hence, artless; guileless; single-hearted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a single or honest mind or heart; free from duplicity; ingenuous; guileless.
- Having but one object or end in view; unswerving; undeviating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. determined
Sorry, no etymologies found.