from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no compassion or pity; merciless: ruthless cruelty; ruthless opportunism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Without pity or compassion; cruel, pitiless.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no ruth; cruel; pitiless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no ruth or pity; cruel; pitiless; barbarous; insensible to the miseries of others.
- Unmodified or unrestrained by pity; marked by unfaltering rigor; relentless; merciless: as, ruthless severity.
- Synonyms Unpitying, hard-hearted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without mercy or pity
ruth + -less (Wiktionary)