from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Appropriate to a purpose or an occasion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having sufficient or the required properties for a certain purpose or task; appropriate to a certain occasion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of suiting; fitting; accordant; proper; becoming; agreeable; adapted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of suiting; conformable; fitting; appropriate; proper; becoming.
- Synonyms Fit, meet, appropriate, apt, pertinent, seemly, eligible, consonant, corresponding, congruous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. meant or adapted for an occasion or use
- adj. worthy of being chosen especially as a spouse
suit + -able (Wiktionary)