from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the same or nearly the same relationship.
- adj. Accompanying another: a high corporate position and its corresponding problems.
- adj. Having been assigned the responsibility of written communications: a corresponding secretary.
- adj. Participating at a distance from the rest of a group: a corresponding member of the bar association.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of correspond.
- n. action of the verb to correspond
- adj. that have a similar relationship
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Answering; conformable; agreeing; suiting.
- adj. Carrying on intercourse by letters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Related by correspondence. Similar in position or relation. See correspond, 1.
- Conformable; agreeing; accordant.
- Carrying on intercourse by letters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. similar especially in position or purpose
- adj. accompanying
- adj. conforming in every respect
Sorry, no etymologies found.