from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Admitting of comparison with another or others: "The satellite revolution is comparable to Gutenberg's invention of movable type” ( Irvin Molotsky).
- adj. Similar or equivalent: pianists of comparable ability.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be compared (to).
- adj. Similar (to); like.
- adj. Constituting a pair in a particular partial order.
- adj. Said of an adjective that has a comparative and superlative form.
- n. Something suitable for comparison
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being compared; worthy of comparison.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being compared.
- Worthy of comparison; being of equal regard; worthy to be ranked with.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. able to be compared or worthy of comparison
- adj. conforming in every respect
Sorry, no etymologies found.