from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being in due proportion; proportional.
- transitive v. To make proportionate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In proportion; proportional; commensurable.
- adj. Harmonious and symmetrical.
- v. To make proportionate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Adjusted to something else according to a proportion; proportional.
- transitive v. To make proportional; to adjust according to a settled rate, or to due comparative relation; to proportion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having proportion, or due proportion; adjusted to something else according to a certain rate or comparative relation; proportional.
- To make proportional; adjust according to a settled rate or to due comparative relation or proportion: as, to proportionate punishments to crimes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exhibiting equivalence or correspondence among constituents of an entity or between different entities
- adj. being in due proportion
- adj. agreeing in amount, magnitude, or degree
Sorry, no etymologies found.