from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or exhibiting friendliness or goodwill; friendly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing friendliness or goodwill.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Friendly; proceeding from, or exhibiting, friendliness; after the manner of friends; peaceable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by or exhibiting friendliness, peaceableness, or harmony; friendly; peaceable; harmonious in social or other relations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by friendship and good will
Middle English, from Late Latin amīcābilis, from Latin amīcus, friend.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin amīcābilis ("friendly"); see amiable. (Wiktionary)