from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or prescribing a norm or standard: normative grammar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or using a norm or standard.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. relating to or dealing with norms.
- adj. giving directives or rules; prescriptive. Opposed to
- adj. based on or prescribing a norm or standard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Establishing or setting up a norm, or standard which ought to be conformed to.
- In petrography, relating to the norm; making up the norm, as distinguished from ‘normal’ in the sense of regular, usual.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or dealing with norms
- adj. pertaining to giving directives or rules
From French normatif (Wiktionary)