from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to concepts or mental conception: conceptual discussions that antedated development of the new product.
- adj. Of or relating to conceptualism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to concepts or mental conception; existing in the imagination
- adj. Of, or relating to conceptualism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to conception.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to conception, mental or physical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being or characterized by concepts or their formation
Medieval Latin conceptuālis, from Late Latin conceptus, a thought; see concept.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Medieval Latin conceptuālis, from Latin conceptus, perfect passive participle of concipio ("take hold of; conceive"); see concept and -al. (Wiktionary)