from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or based on probabilism.
- adj. Of, based on, or affected by probability, randomness, or chance: "The Big Bang universe is . . . exemplified in the probabilistic and indeterminate interactions of the smallest known physical properties” ( Frederick Turner).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or derived using probability.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Roman Catholic doctrine of probabilism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or based on probability
- adj. of or relating to the Roman Catholic philosophy of probabilism
Sorry, no etymologies found.