from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be given, displayed, or offered: presentable gifts; presentable attire.
- adj. Fit for introduction to others: presentable relatives.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In good enough shape that someone or something can be shown to other people, tidy, attractive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable or admitting of being presented; suitable to be exhibited, represented, or offered; fit to be brought forward or set forth; hence, fitted to be introduced to another, or to go into society
- adj. Admitting of the presentation of a clergiman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being presented; qualified or suitable for presentation.
- Capable of being offered for perception or understanding; capable of being made known: as, an idea presentable only in language.
- Suitable for being offered as a gift.
- Eccles.: Capable of being presented to a church living: as, a presentable clerk.
- Capable of receiving the presentation of a clerk: as, “churches presentable,” Ayliffe, Parergon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. fit to be seen
present + -able (Wiktionary)