from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of a size, extent, or degree that elicits awe or taxes belief; immense. See Synonyms at enormous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Extremely large or on a great scale.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of enormous size; gigantic; huge.
- adj. Of a size larger than heroic. See Heroic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a colossus; of extraordinary size; huge; gigantic.
- Synonyms Immense, enormous, prodigious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. so great in size or force or extent as to elicit awe
French, from Latin colossus, colossus; see colossus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French colossal, formed from Latin colossus, from Ancient Greek κολοσσός (kolossos, "giant statue"). (Wiktionary)