from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Generous or large in area or extent; roomy.
- adj. Vast in range or scope: a spacious view.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having much space; roomy
- adj. Large in expanse
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Extending far and wide; vast in extent.
- adj. Inclosing an extended space; having large or ample room; not contracted or narrow; capacious; roomy
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclosing an extended space; of great extent; wide-extended.
- Having large or ample room; not contracted or narrow; roomy.
- Extensive; on a large scale; abounding: said of persons.
- Synonyms Wide, capacious, ample, broad.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of buildings and rooms) having ample space
- adj. very large in expanse or scope
Sorry, no etymologies found.