from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Spread or scattered over a considerable extent: widespread fallout from a nuclear explosion.
- adj. Occurring or accepted widely: a widespread misunderstanding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Affecting a large area (e.g. the entire land or body); broad in extent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Spread to a great distance; widely extended; extending far and wide.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Diffused or spread to a great distance; extending far and wide; being general.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. widely circulated or diffused
- adj. distributed over a considerable extent
wide + spread (Wiktionary)