from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Full of or consisting of weeds: a weedy lawn.
- adj. Resembling or characteristic of a weed: a weedy plant.
- adj. Of a scrawny build; spindly or gawky.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Small and weak
- adj. Characteristic of a plant that grows rapidly and spreads invasively, and which grows opportunistically in cracks of sidewalks and disturbed areas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to weeds; consisting of weeds.
- adj. Abounding with weeds
- adj. Scraggy; ill-shaped; ungainly; -- said of colts or horses, and also of persons.
- adj. Dressed in weeds, or mourning garments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character of a weed; weed-like.
- Consisting of weeds.
- Abounding with weeds.
- Not of good blood; not of good strength or mettle; scraggy; hence, worthless, as for breeding or racing purposes: as, a weedy horse.
- Clad in weeds, or widows' mourning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. abounding with or resembling weeds
- adj. being very thin
Sorry, no etymologies found.