from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made of tweed.
- adj. Wearing tweeds.
- adj. Informal Suggestive of casual, informal taste, habits, and lifestyle: "He's rumpled and tweedy ... if he were preparing to drink a martini, he might casually stir it with his finger” ( Phil McCombs).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. made of tweed, or having a similar rough texture
- adj. wearing tweed clothing
- adj. preppy
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of textiles; having a rough surface
- adj. (of country gentry) informal, clannish and outdoorsy
Sorry, no etymologies found.