from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made from, rich in, or consisting of starch.
- adj. Having a mealy or powdery texture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made from, or rich in, starch or flour.
- adj. Having a floury texture; grainy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting or made of meal or flour.
- adj. Yielding farina or flour.
- adj. Like meal; mealy; pertaining to meal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting or made of meal or flour: as, a farinaceous diet, which consists of articles prepared from the meal or flour of the various species of corn or grain.
- Containing starch: as, farinaceous seeds.
- Pertaining to meal; of the nature of meal; mealy: as, a farinaceous taste or quality.
- Having a mealy appearance; covered with or as if with meal; characterized by something resembling meal: applied in pathology to certain eruptions in which the epidermis exfoliates in fine scales resembling farina.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. composed of or covered with particles resembling meal in texture or consistency
- adj. resembling starch
Latin farīnāceus, mealy, from farīna, farina; see farina.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin farinaceus. (Wiktionary)