from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being uneasy, nervous or restless
- n. an anxious state of mind; anxiety
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being uneasy; restlessness; disquietude; anxiety.
- n. The quality of making uneasy; discomfort.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being uneasy; want of ease or comfort, physical or mental.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. feelings of anxiety that make you tense and irritable
- n. the trait of seeming ill at ease
- n. physical discomfort (as mild sickness or depression)
- n. embarrassment deriving from the feeling that others are critically aware of you
- n. inability to rest or relax or be still
From uneasy + -ness. (Wiktionary)