from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Acting or tending to exculpate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. excusing or clearing of any wrongdoing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Clearing, or tending to clear, from alleged fault or guilt; excusing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fitted or intended to clear from a charge of fault or guilt; exonerating; excusing: as, exculpatory evidence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. clearing of guilt or blame
Sorry, no etymologies found.