from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exhibiting keen insight and good judgment; perceptive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of discern.
- adj. Of keen insight or good judgement; perceptive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Acute; shrewd; sagacious; sharp-sighted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having power to discern; discriminating; penetrating; acute: as, a discerning man; a discerning mind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. quick to understand
- adj. having or revealing keen insight and good judgment
- adj. unobtrusively perceptive and sympathetic
- adj. able to make or detect effects of great subtlety; sensitive
Sorry, no etymologies found.