from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Ingenious and complex in design or function; intricate.
- adj. Finely or skillfully made or employed; artistic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Skilful, ingenious, cunning.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Cunningly or ingeniously formed or working; skillful; artistic; ingenious.
- adj. Crafty; deceitful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See dedal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. complex and ingenious in design or function
- n. (Greek mythology) an Athenian inventor who built the labyrinth of Minos; to escape the labyrinth he fashioned wings for himself and his son Icarus
Latin daedalus, from Greek daidalos.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin daedalus, from Ancient Greek δαίδαλος ("skillful"). (Wiktionary)