from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Complicated; intricate: the involved procedure of getting a license. See Synonyms at complex.
- adj. Curled inward; coiled or involute.
- adj. Confused; tangled.
- adj. Connected by participation or association: involved in a conspiracy.
- adj. Emotionally committed: He joined their organization but never really got involved.
- adj. Having a sexual relationship: They see a lot of each other but aren't involved.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Complicated.
- adj. Associated with others (in a crime, process, etc.)
- adj. Having an affair with someone.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of involve.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Same as involute.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In conchology, same as involute, 1 .
- 2, In heraldry, same as enveloped.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. emotionally involved
- adj. entangled or hindered as if e.g. in mire
- adj. connected by participation or association or use
- adj. highly complex or intricate and occasionally devious
- adj. enveloped
Sorry, no etymologies found.