from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of twist.
- adj. contorted
- adj. wound spirally
- adj. Mentally disturbed or unsound.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Contorted; crooked spirally; subjected to torsion; hence, perverted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In entomology, noting a joint of the legs, etc., when the faces tend to turn spirally on the joint, as if this had been subjected to a twisting force.
- In botany, contorted or bent on itself. In estivation, same as convolute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having an intended meaning altered or misrepresented
Sorry, no etymologies found.