from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a member of a military rank below a commissioned officer or warrant officer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of enlist.
- adj. Belonging to the military, but not as a commissioned officer.
- n. Those individuals who have enlisted in the military and who are not commissioned officers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. designating to those members of the armed forces not commissioned as an officer.
Sorry, no etymologies found.