from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Holding stubbornly and often unreasonably to one's own opinions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having very strong opinions.
- adj. Holding to one's own opinion obstinately, stubbornly and unreasonably
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Stiff in opinion; firmly or unduly adhering to one's own opinion or to preconceived notions; obstinate in opinion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as opinionate, and now the usual form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. obstinate in your opinions
Probably from obsolete opinionate : opinion + -ate1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)