from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of bow.
- adj. Having a bow, e.g. a bowed instrument is played with a bow
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. bent over; -- used of back or head.
- adj. sounded by stroking with a bow; -- of a stringed musical instrument. Contrasted with
- adj. resembling an arch.
- adj. same as bow-legged.
- adj. submitting to the authority of another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bent like a bow; embowed. In heraldry also termed flected or reflected.
- Having a convex or bulging form: as, a bowed shield.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing an excessively deferential manner
- adj. of a stringed instrument; sounded by stroking with a bow
- adj. have legs that curve outward at the knees
- adj. forming or resembling an arch
Sorry, no etymologies found.