from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no balance or symmetry.
- adj. Chemistry Of or relating to a carbon atom having four different atoms or structural groups attached to it, resulting in an unbalanced spatial arrangement of atoms in a molecule, so that the molecule cannot be superimposed on its mirror image; chiral.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a shape, not symmetric.
- adj. Not involving a mutual exchange of keys between the sender and receiver.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Incommensurable.
- adj. Not symmetrical; wanting proportion; esp., not bilaterally symmetrical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Destitute of symmetry; not symmetrical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by asymmetry in the spatial arrangement or placement of parts or components
A- + symmetric, as Ancient Greek ἀσυμμετρία (asymmetria), "disproportion", "deformity". (Wiktionary)