from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or showing skill; expert. See Synonyms at proficient.
- adj. Requiring specialized ability or training: a skilled trade.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or showing skill; skilful.
- adj. Requiring special abilities or training.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of skill.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having familiar knowledge united with readiness and dexterity in its application; familiarly acquainted with; expert; skillful; -- often followed by in.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having skill; especially, having the knowledge and ability which come from experience; trained; versed; expert; adept; proficient.
- Displaying or requiring skill; involving special knowledge or training: as, skilled labor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or showing or requiring special skill
From skill (noun) (Wiktionary)
See skill (verb) (Wiktionary)