from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Skilled or expert; proficient: He is practiced in the art of design. She is a practiced lecturer.
- adj. Acquired or brought to perfection by practice: greeted the guests with practiced courtesy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. skillful, proficient, knowledgeable or expert as a result of practice
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of practice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Experienced; expert; skilled.
- adj. Used habitually; learned by practice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See practised, practiser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude
- adj. skillful after much practice
Sorry, no etymologies found.