from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Speaking with a soft or gentle voice: a soft-spoken instructor.
- adj. Smooth; ingratiating: a soft-spoken attempt at bribery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a pleasant, sweet, gentle, mild speaking manner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Speaking softly; having a mild or gentle voice; hence, mild; affable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Speaking softly; having a mild or gentle voice; hence, mild; affable; plausible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a speaking manner that is not loud or harsh
Sorry, no etymologies found.