from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Pursuing only one's own ends or interests.
- adj. Exhibiting concern only with promoting one's own ends or interests: self-seeking maneuvers.
- n. Determined pursuit of one's own ends or interests.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Mindful of, or promoting only ones own interests
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Seeking one's own interest or happiness; selfish.
- n. The act or habit of seeking one's own interest or happiness; selfishness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Undue attention to one's own interest.
- Seeking one's own interest or happiness unduly; selfish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. interested only in yourself
- n. taking advantage of opportunities without regard for the consequences for others
Sorry, no etymologies found.