from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not alphabetical.
- adj. Unable to read; illiterate.
- n. One who is unable to read; an illiterate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. (of symbols) Not alphabetic.
- adj. (of a person) Illiterate, unable to read or write.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not knowing the alphabet; illiterate; unable to read.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an illiterate person who does not know the alphabet
- adj. relating to or expressed by a writing system that is not alphabetic
- adj. having little acquaintance with writing
- adj. not alphabetic
From Greek analphabētos, not knowing the alphabet : an-, not; see a-1 + alphabētos, alphabet; see alphabet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
an- (not) + alphabetic (Wiktionary)