from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several chiefly tropical American birds of the genus Crotophaga, related to the cuckoo and having black plumage and a long tail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bird of the genus Crotophaga in the cuckoo family.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A black bird of tropical America, the West Indies and Florida (Crotophaga ani), allied to the cuckoos, having a compressed, bladelike bill and remarkable for communistic nesting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bird of the genus Crotophaga, sub-family Crotophaginæ, and family Cuculidæ, inhabiting the warmer parts of America.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. black tropical American cuckoo
American Spanish aní or Portuguese ani, both from Tupi ani.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Portuguese or Spanish ani, both from Old Tupi. (Wiktionary)