from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being directionally dependent.
- n. The degree to which this property is exhibited.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being anisotropic.
- n. In embryology, the condition of having the axes predetermined: applied to certain differentiated animal ova: opposed to isotropy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of being anisotropic; having a different value when measured in different directions
aniso- + -tropy (Wiktionary)