from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Appetence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Strong desire; craving; powerful instinct.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Fixed and strong desire; esp. natural desire; a craving; an eager appetite.
- n. Specifically: An instinctive inclination or propensity in animals to perform certain actions, as in the young to suck, in aquatic fowls to enter into water and to swim; the tendency of an organized body to seek what satisfies the wants of its organism.
- n. Natural tendency; affinity; attraction; -- used of inanimate objects.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of craving something
Latin appetentia; see appetence.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)