from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A specialist in the care of woody plants, especially trees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person in the practice of arboriculture; a tree surgeon
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes trees his study, or who is versed in the knowledge of trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cultivator of trees; one engaged in the culture of trees: as. “our cunning arborists,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a specialist in treating damaged trees
From Latin arbor, tree.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)