from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A passageway under an arch.
- n. An arch over an entrance or passageway.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A passageway covered by an arch, particularly one made of masonry.
- n. A doorway with a semilunar-shaped top.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A way or passage under an arch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An entrance or a passage under an arch or vault; an opening that is closed in or covered by an arch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a passageway under a curved masonry construction
arch + way (Wiktionary)