from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of ask.
- n. The act or process of posing a question or making a request.
- n. A request, or petition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of inquiring or requesting; a petition; solicitation.
- n. The publishing of banns.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The making of a request; a petition: as, it may be had for the asking.
- n. Proclamation or publication in church of banns of marriage. See to ask in church, under ask.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the verbal act of requesting
Sorry, no etymologies found.