from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of assegai.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of assegai.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A spear used by tribes in South Africa as a missile and for stabbing, a kind of light javelin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A slender spear or lance of hard wood, usually having an iron head: now most commonly applied to the throwing-spear or javelin used in battle by the natives of South Africa, especially the Zulus and Kafirs. Also spelled assegai.
- To strike or kill with an assagai. Also spelled assegai.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa
Sorry, no etymologies found.