from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Unsteady; unstable.
- adj. Physics Having no particular directional characteristics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not static or stable; unsteady, unstable
- adj. Of or pertaining to astasia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having little or no tendency to take a fixed or definite position or direction: thus, a suspended magnetic needle, when rendered astatic, loses its polarity, or tendency to point in a given direction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Unstable; unsteady.
- Hence In physical, having no tendency to take a definite (fixed) position; without directive power: used especially of a magnetic needle whose directive property has been neutralized.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not static or stable
a- + static (Wiktionary)