from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Archaic Bewildered; dazed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of astony.
- adj. In shock or confusion; bewildered.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Stunned; astonished. See astony.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock
Middle English astonied, past participle of astonien, to amaze; see astonish.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)