from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling a berry in texture or form; berrylike.
- adj. Bearing berries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pulpy throughout, like a berry; said of fruits. Asa Gray.
- adj. Looking like a berry
- adj. Producing berries
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pulpy throughout, like a berry; -- said of fruits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany: Pulpy and berry-like: applied to fruits. See berry. Bearing berries; berried.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a berry
- adj. producing or bearing berries
From Latin bacca, berry.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin baccātus ("set or adorned with berries or pearls"), from bacca ("berry; pearl"). (Wiktionary)