from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A park or stadium in which ball games are played.
- n. Slang The approximately proper range, as of possibilities or alternatives: Your estimate is high, but still in the ballpark.
- adj. Of, relating to, or used in a park or stadium: ballpark lights; ballpark seating.
- adj. Slang Being approximately proper in range: gave a ballpark estimate of future unit sales.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A field, stadium or park where ball, especially baseball, is played.
- n. The general vicinity; somewhere close; a broad approximation.
- adj. Approximate; close; on the right order of magnitude.
- v. To make a rough estimate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. near to the scope or range of something
- n. a facility in which ball games are played (especially baseball games)
Sorry, no etymologies found.